Introducing Fluregiene 200™
Curtiss-Wright has partnered with BioCote® to expand their fluoropolymer coating product range to create Fluregiene 200™: a coating with integrated antimicrobial technology for surface preservation that is ideally suited for many surfaces and environments.
Based on the existing product Everlube Flurene 117, the new Fluregiene 200™ is a unique fluoropolymer coating that offers low friction, easy-clean properties combined with superb chemical and abrasion resistance. With an aim to preserve the integrity of treated materials, Curtiss-Wright has additionally integrated BioCote® antimicrobial technology to inhibit the growth of staining, odor and material degradation causing microbes on the treated coating.
*BioCote® technology is built into products to inhibit the growth of microorganisms that may affect Curtiss-Wright’s products. The antimicrobial properties do not protect users or others against bacteria, viruses, germs, or other disease organisms. This technology is not a substitute for good cleaning practices.
Manufacturing BioCote® antimicrobial additives into Fluregiene 200™ adds further benefits to the already high performing coating:
- Low COF Surface coating (0.08 – 0.2 static)
- Corrosion resistance and excellent chemical resistance
- Excellent chip and abrasion resistance
- Inhibits a build-up of contaminates
- Excellent flexibility
- Dirt and debris less likely to attach to the surface
Microbial growth inhibitor
- Scientifically proven BioCote® antimicrobial technology inhibits microbial growth on a treated coating
- BioCote® technology controls odor, staining and premature material degradation
- Easy clean with shortened cleaning intervals
- Provides continuous inhibition of microbes on a treated coating
- High PTFE content allows easy wipe down and cleaning
- Provides a more cleanable surface compared to brushed or finished steels
Applicable on a wide range of products such as door handles, elevator buttons, airport seating and gym equipment, the Fluregiene 200™ comes with many benefits for any and all of these surfaces. By integrating proven BioCote® technology for surface preservation, Curtiss-Wright has introduced a truly competitive and innovative product to the marketplace.